I’m off on holiday for the next couple of weeks, so I’ll just apoligize in advance for my inactivity and apparent death ;-)
I’ll be spending two weeks in Marseilles with my parents and my sister and then I’ll be in Rome for a week with my boyfriend and two of our friends :3
I’m so excited! :-D
Thank you so much, Anon! :-D
Hmm … It depends a lot on what you’re looking for :-) I’ve just begun to read “Mara - Daugther of the Nile” by (got an anon rec a couple of weeks ago) and I actually like it very much :-) Another anon told me to read the “Lord Meren Mysteries” by (I haven’t had time to read those books yet, but they sound pretty good too) :-)
You could also try reading “The Mummy” by Anne Rice (it’s not one of the most thrilling books ever written, but it’s still a pretty good read) or “Cleopatra’s Daughter” by Michelle Moran :-) Perhaps you should also take a look at Stacy Schiff’s “Cleopatra” (although it isn’t exactly fiction, it’s still written in a very interesting and sort of “vivid” way, so you almost forget that you’re reading a non-fiction book) :-)
So, let me get this right: You think my ancient Egypt related drawings are offensive because of the fact that I’m Danish/white? Are you serious?
I mean, I could sort of understand your point, if my drawings actually were offensive, but I don’t really think they are. I love ancient Egypt. I think it’s an absolutely amazing culture and a culture which I try to embrace with the utmost respect!
What you’re saying is that I’m not allowed to find joy and inspiration in another culture because of the country I live in. I’m not allowed to educate myself about the history of the human race, beacuse I don’t happen to live in a certain place or look like a certain group of people.
What you’re saying is that I’m only allowed to draw things such as vikings or Danish kings/queens - no wait, I’m not even allowed to draw that, because many Danish kings and queens actually came from Germany and German was the official language at Court throughout the 17th and 18th century.
I’m so glad that only a few people think like you do. Otherwise we would live in a very, very boring, depressing and downright cruel world, where no one would be interested in anything that didn’t come from their own country and where people would fight and hate each other even more than they already do.
Awww that’s so sweet of you! Thanks a lot! :3 I’ve just got home from a really busy day at work and I was SO done with the world and all people in it until I saw your message - you’ve totally saved my evening! :-D
Awww I love these things! Let’s spread some loooooove, tumblr!!! :3 :D
Okay here we go, five nice things about moi:
1. I love to draw and to be creative. I actually think I’m pretty good at it too, and I’m very proud of myself for having gotten this far (even though I still have a lot to learn).
2. I pursue my aims and follow my dreams - no matter what other people say. I applied for university a couple of weeks ago, and, if everything goes according to plan, I’ll soon be studying Egyptology, in spite of all those who’ve frowned and/or laughed, when they heard about my dream and my interests.
3. I have freckles and I’m beginning to learn how to love them. (I think it’s becuase they’re becomming more prominent)
4. I’m a quite good listener and I like to help people out, if they’re having a hard time and are feeling down. Whether they want my opinion or just want to have someone to talk to, I’m there and happy to help.
5. I actually feel quite good about myself and I genuinely enjoy being who I am.
Now it’s time for the tricky part … How am I supposed to choose 10 people out of all my fanatastic and amazing followers?! :O